Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN route pruning?

I have a site with an ASA 5510 at the central site, then 871 and 831 routers at the remote sites.

The remote sites all have EasyVPN VPN tunnels back to the central site using network extension. I have split tunneling configured so that only traffic for the central LAN and other vpn sites are sent over the tunnel.

Ex-

LAN: 192.168.1.0/24

Remotes: 10.99.0.0/16

This works great at first, the sites connect and both routes are listed in the tunneled networks. I can reach everything i need to. The problem is not alot of traffic, if any, is sent over the tunnel for the 10.99.0.0/16 network and it is being removed from the tunneled list. I then need to force the remote routers to renegotiate their tunnels by doing a disconnect for it to work again.

The 192.168.1.0/24 network has never been removed, its only the 10.99.0.0/16 network.

Is there a way to stop the IPSec tunnel from dropping that subnet?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: VPN route pruning?

You might have to increase the idle timeout value on ASA to keep tunnel up . Use the vpn-idle-timeout command for this. Refer URL http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/ezvpn505.html for more information.

Views
Helpful
Replies