Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

VPN S/W Client Timeout Problem

Hi,

I'm using a VPN 3020 and having problems with VPN client connections timing out after 10 minutes. No matter what value I set in Configuration | User Management | Groups | Test | Maximum Connect Time, the connection always terminates after 10 minutes with the following log messages;

23199 09/30/2005 09:57:22.730 SEV=5 IKE/50 RPT=40 <IP Address>

Group [Test] User [<user>]

Connection terminated for peer <user>.

Reason: IPSec SA Max time exceeded

Remote Proxy 10.13.254.1, Local Proxy 0.0.0.0

23202 09/30/2005 09:57:22.730 SEV=5 IKE/194 RPT=48 <IP Address>

Group [Test] User [<user>]

Sending IKE Delete With Reason message: Maximum Configured Connection Time Exceeded.

I've tried inheriting the settings from the Base Group but the result is the same. The SA lifetime is 28800 seconds so I don't think that's the problem.

The VPN Concentrator version is 4.7.1 and the Cisco VPN Client version is 4.6.04.0043 on Windows 2000.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Regards,

Colin

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: VPN S/W Client Timeout Problem

have you try to set the idle timeout as well?

also try to set those values to 0, which means infinity.

Initially it was 0 but still it timeouts after 10 minutes.

I have also tried changing the Idle Timeout but that also makes no difference.

I've done some more testing and found that my problem disappears when I set Authentication (under Groups|Group_Name|IPSec) to "none" (it was "RADIUS" previously), and the max connect time behaves as advertised. I need to authenticate these remote users against a RADIUS server in addition to a pre-shared key so I can't leave it like this.

I can't see any RADIUS-related setting that would account for this. Any ideas?

Regards,

Colin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content