Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN/Security Management Solution (VMS)

moabdallah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Can I use the VPN/Security Management Solution VMS to manage, configure and monitor the Cisco Security Server Agent ? OR Should I get the Cisco Security Agent Manager ( part number : CSA-MANAGER-K9 ) ?

Kind Regards

Mohamed Abdallah

4 Replies 4

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSA Manager will become part of VMS 2.2 when it is released in the next month or so. Until then, the CSA-MANAGER-K9 should be purchased, as it is required to manage the CSA agents.

There is some really enticing benefits to buying the CSA-MANAGER-K9 with SAS Smartnet maintenance before it is rolled into the VMS 2.2 package. With the SAS maintenance contract, you will be entitled to the VMS 2.2 Restricted software as an entitlement upgrade, plus receive the CSA Profiler application. The CSA Profiler application can be used to develop policies outside of the default policies provided with CSA. In total, this can save about $25k. See your local account team for exact details of this program, which may or may not be available in all countries.

peter

Thanks for your reply

The new VMS veriosn 2.2 is released and orderable now with part # : CWVMS-2.2-WINR-K9 ( VMS 2.2 WIN 20 Device Restricted )

Does this VMS version includes the CSA Manager ?

Regarding the SAS maintenance contract,

Do you mean part # : CON-SAS-CSA-MAN ( SW APP SUPP Cisco Security Agent Manager ) ?

Do you mean that if I got CSA-MANAGER-K9 + CON-SAS-CSA-MAN , I will get a free upgrade to CWVMS-2.2-WINR-K9 ( VMS 2.2 WIN 20 Device Restricted ) ?

Regards

Mohamed Abdallah

See this link for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2330/prod_bulletin09186a008017dc68.html

VMS 2.2 is orderable and plans to begin shipping June 13th. The site above details what I described initially in more detail.

So, if you purchase the CSA-MANAGER-K9 and CON-SAS-CSA-MAN prior to the release of CSA 4.0 (expected to be June 20th), you are entitled to the upgrades per the above URL.

On or around June 20th, the above CSA products will no longer be orderable. Please meet with your account team to review these details and ensure your eligibility.

thanks

peter

Thanks for your help

IN CiscoWorks VMS 2.2 Product Bulletin,

Three server agents are provided to protect CiscoWorks VMS 2.2, Additional server or desktop agents are sold separately.

Does this mean that Qty ( 3 ) of CSA-SRVR-K9= Cisco Security Server Agent (Win + Sol) will be part of the VMS 2.2 package ( VMS 2.2 WIN 20 Device Restricted ) ???

One of these three Cisco Security Server Agent will be used for the VMS Server, and the other two can be used with any other server in my network ??

Thanks

Regards

Mohamed Abdallah

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: