Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN server config on Cisco 2600 and 1800 series IOS

Hello !!

I did a research on the google and cisco web site, but I could not find the complette step-by step easy vpn setup for these to cisco series routers. Everything I found was a difficult to understand, because it was not done in right sequence step-by-step. For example I saw the config for AAA, and I have configured it, than I locked out my self from the router, I was not able to log on to it, because there was nothing about how to create AAA user account in that config sample I found. So than I reset the password. Therfore I am asking can someone tell me how to configure it on the right way step-by-step in right sequence. Both routers have its own IP static WAN ip address, and both wil act as vpn server for cisco vpn clients. I think since both routers are Cisco IOS, it should not be big differences, but if it is, I would like to see it.

Thank You

Very best regards

James

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VPN server config on Cisco 2600 and 1800 series IOS

So which part do you want to start with?

Hello mmorris, thank You for reply.

I would like to start with 2600 series, so maybe I can get the VPN working on 1800 series after I understand the 2600 config.

right now I am ready with 2600 series which is running on Cisco IOS Version Version 12.2(37). I have upgraded it uesterday, because I needed FW featres such as IP INSPECT. So the version I am running on 2600 is Version 12.2.37_GD_ENTERPRISE_FW_IDS_ PLUS IPSEC 3DES.

And what I need is :

Correct config for Easy VPN server config,

- Using USER DB on the router, with this I mean that I can have an example where the User 1 and User 2 have its password and username saved in the router DB.

- Using RADIUS server (win radius srever) so I can grant access to the users which are stored in Active Directory DB.

Than I can try to configure the 1800 series, because I don`t think there is much different.

I really hope that You can write short explanation for commands.

example:

! command short description

command goes here

Thank You very much !! I really tryed to search on the google, but I find just large examples, so it is not easy to understand where to begin.

Very best regards

James

Silver

Hello,

You don't need AAA to setup VPN. I found this link on the net that gives you a sample config of site-to-site VPN:

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/examplevpn.html

Please rate this post if I could help,

Regards,

Silver

Thank You for reply, this link help me, I think I will make it working. I needed to upgrade the version from 12.2.37 to 12.3.20, because I was not able to use the command :

crypto isakmp client configuration group GROUP_NAME

But now I can do it, so I will test and lett You know.

Very best regards

James

Views
Helpful
Replies