cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Solutions

simmy711
Level 1
Level 1

We are considering the implementation of a VPN on our current network configuration. I was reviewing the articles on how a VPN works and had a few questions for anyone that can provide me with some direction. We are a small company that would like to give our outsourcing customers access to their databases via a VPN and our client software. We would also like to link our two other offices that are located out-of-state to our intranet. In addition, if possible we would like to provide a means for mobile workers to connect to the intranet via the internet. Current figures estimate that we will be allowing for up to 25 users to connect and in the future(2-5 years) up to 100-200 users. I was looking at the 1700 series routers and was wondering if these would be a good solution for our needs. I could not find any of the routers available with the wan cards already installed. We currently have a Cable ISP with a small business connection line. What hardware components would we need to get this up and running? What price range are we looking at? Do we need to obtain a static IP address? What software do we need? Any information would be of great help. Thanks

1 Reply 1

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: