Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Terminated by client

I recently upgraded my VPN client as required by company rules to CISCO VPN 4.8.01.0300. I now receive the following error message when trying to connect to the VPN: Secure VPN terminated by the client. Reason 442:Failed to enable virual adaptor. The help desk had me uninstal and re-install the client with no help. The help desk recommended solution is now to re-image my machine which is a Dell Latitude runing window XP. I'd rather not re-image and would like to find another solution. Any ideas?

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: VPN Terminated by client

Nah don't reimage. - Use your System Restore and choose a restore point BEFORE the date you installed the VPN client. That'll get you back to a clean point. Then try reinstalling. We've never had an issue with that version on XP. Hope this helps.

Re: VPN Terminated by client

I would suggest to check on the connection parameters of your VPN client such as username and group passwords. I had run into a similar case where the group password was corrupted and after I re-enter the group passwords on the client and restarted the VPN client service on Windows i was able to connect again.

Views
Helpful
Replies