Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN through ADSL Connection

sagittarius
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have installed VPN Client 4.0.2D on my laptop; i have ADSL connection to Internet. I get successfully authenticate to the VPN Box, but i am unable to ping or access it. Statistic shows ZERO bytes received.

Can u please help...?

6 Replies 6

sagittarius
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with this. if you need any info from my side please let me know.

Hi

Can I have a look at the

1.vpn pool

2.nat 0 statement and ACl for NAT 0 and split tunnel.

4. Interface addresses

5. route statements

Thanks

Atul.

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds ot me like there may be a firewall blocking somewhere. Do you have a router doing your PPPoE authenctication? Check to make sure UDP port 500/10000 GRE and ESP are opened. Also, if you are using a router to authenticate, make sure that IPSec passthrough is check.

pcanters
Level 1
Level 1

This is very familar to me also.

I believe that I am experiencing the exact same issue.

Specifically with a VPN client connection to the PIX. This does not seem to be the case to VPN Concentrators.

I have found that when I try to launch the client over dial to connect to a PIX, the vpn tunnel works like a champ.

When I connect over any type of LAN connection (whether a firewall is in place or whether I am sitting out on the DMZ with a static address assigned) I have the same behavior that you have.

I am also using the 4.0 client.

Interestingly enough, I used to be able to traverse firewalls etc. without any problems on the 3.x client. However, I seem to have similar problems with the 4.0 client that you are seeing.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be just great.

Thanks

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

You do not say what your end point is either. Is it a router, pix or concentrator?

Thanks friends,

I spoke to ISP, they have not allowed IPSEC traffic. Most of the EU ISP that provide ADSL or DSL connection only allow specific port ..i think must be problem with others too

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: