Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN through Firewall and Proxy server

Our current Internet configuration is through Cisco 2621, Sonicwall as a Firewall and Microsoft Proxy server. So if someone wants to go out on the Internet, to send an e-mail or web browsing he would have to pass first the proxy server, than the firewall and through the Cisco 2621 is out on the "air".

Our Firewall is capable of handling VPN's.

My next task is to make VPN connection to remote sites. I have not tried anything and I was wondering has anyone tried to do this, and have some pointers for it.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: VPN through Firewall and Proxy server

I’m not familiar with the Sonicwall firewall but if it’s like our Cisco PIX box, then it should work fine. We gateway all traffic to the PIX and build the VPN tunnels with it. If you have a proxy server then you still have to gateway at the firewall and only send proxy requests to the proxy server for normal tcp traffic (http, ftp, etc.). Your IP traffic will have to hit the firewall directly as I’m not aware of a proxy server being able to handle that. Probably worth your time to call the makers of your firewall for design help. I suppose you could terminate the tunnels on the 2600 but like you said, that’s sitting out on the air.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content