cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN traffic/routing query

n.oneill
Level 1
Level 1

We have 5 sites in the UK connected to the internet configured as a fully meshed IPSec VPN. Each site also has an IPSec peering with a sister company in France. We are moving the UK connections to another WAN provider and they will not be internet connected. We don't want to lose the link to France so what I would like to do is configure all traffic to go through the hub site in Manchester and then onto France before we roll out the new WAN. ie I want to remove the peer to France from each site and configure the traffic that would normally go direct to France to be delivered to Manchester and then onto France. Will this work, i.e. will traffic come in on one tunnel and then back out a different tunnel (same interface) at the hub site, Manchester and vice-versa for return traffic?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

This depends on the device on that is forming the hub. A Pix firewall as the hub will not route a packet back to the same interface that it came from. Cisco router's on the other hand will redirect a packet back through the same interface.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

This depends on the device on that is forming the hub. A Pix firewall as the hub will not route a packet back to the same interface that it came from. Cisco router's on the other hand will redirect a packet back through the same interface.