Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vpn tunnel not setting back up

Hi;

I have a cisco adsl modem model # c837 that is being used to establish a vpn tunnel to a vpn 3000 concentrator. the initial connection using the wizard comes up and traffic pasts to and fro. the problems is during the testing phase we simulated a power faIlure to see the result, and the tunnel isn't reestablished evevnthough thte option is checked. Any thoughts or suggestion are appreciated

3 REPLIES

Re: vpn tunnel not setting back up

Are you doing Easy VPN?

Does the router require a username/password? If yes, is the login information stored on it?

You may want to enable the following setting on the 3000 concentrator:

Configuration | User Management | Groups | Modify DI-Headquarters

Check "Allow Password Storage on Client".

There is a possibility that the router does not have the login information stored on it so when it goes down and comes back up, it cannot connect. Going over the initial connection wizard, you may be providing it with the login information manually. But since it is not stored, it cannot automatically establish the tunnel.

(just a thought)

Thanks for the suggestion pkapoor, i tried it but still with the same result. i was initially trying to set up a Lan to Lan connection between the 2 devices but it doesn't connect, i don't even get response from the concentrator, and the wipe paper that i was found only helps with setting up a remote access link and not the LAN to LAN...any other suggestions or white papers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try this for LAN-to-LAN.

Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator to a Cisco Router

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009482e.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content