Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel

csanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My PIX 515 6.3(4)is configured to allow VPN connections. When I am outside my network, for say at home, I can VPN to the PIX and then do an RDP to a Windows Server box. I do this for Network Management purposes. This is working like I want.

Here is my problem: When I am inside another company's network I can establish a VPN connection, but I am unable to perform an RDP connection to the same Windows Server box.

I am using the same laptop to connect at home and within the other company's network.

I was assuming that just by being able to establish the VPN connection, that I would be able to perform the RDP connection also. Could someone tell me if there is some configuration that I may need to allow this from my end.

fixup protocol esp-ike?

I tried to enable, but would not take it as ISAKMP is enabled.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Carlos,

Your problem is the nat traversal is probably not setup to be allowed on your client. Issues the following command on your PIX.

isakmp nat-traversal 20

This will allow your terminated connection to pass the traffic across a patted firewall.

Patrick

Please rate any posts that are helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Carlos,

I am thinking that RDP might be blocked by the company whose network you are in. Try the following: when connected to your PIX: open a DOS prompt and type:

telnet x.x.x.x 3389

where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the Windows box. If nothing is blocked, you should get an ´open´ in your DOS box. Anything else means that RDP is blocked along the way...

HTH,

GNT

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Carlos,

Your problem is the nat traversal is probably not setup to be allowed on your client. Issues the following command on your PIX.

isakmp nat-traversal 20

This will allow your terminated connection to pass the traffic across a patted firewall.

Patrick

Please rate any posts that are helpful.

2plaidlaw,

This solved my issue,

Thanks.