Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN tunnels question

I have a PIX 515 v6.3(5) at hub site 'Sudbury'. Have another branch site 'Edmonton' that connects to the hub on the outside via a VPN.

Now we have setup a VPN tunnel between Sudbury and Ohio. (Ohio is a client site and has a server that my company needs access to)

So all the users on the inside network in Sudbury can now access the server in Ohio over the vpn tunnel I created.

My question is, how do I get the users in Edmonton who are connecting to the Sudbury PIX over the VPN access to the server in Ohio. Is it possible to route directly on the outide interface of the PIX.

Can I do some kind of funky/tricky natting to get this to work.

P.S. - I cannot create a direct Vpn tunnel between Edmonton and Ohio, it has to come back to Sudbury and then out.

Please let me know,

Thanks

Jitender

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN tunnels question

You can't do this on 6.3, no way around it. If you upgrade the hub PIX to v7.x then you'll be able to do it. Just follow the sample config here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00804675ac.shtml

Re: VPN tunnels question

Is there also a solution to do this with 2 Cisco IOS Integrated security routers.

I have the same problem but then with 2 routers.

-- Ferdy

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.