cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Upgrade disables all network connectivity

dladen
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple people try doing a VPN client upgrade. I have seen it going from 3.1.1 to 3.6.4. I dont think it is the to/from version. The install removes the old client, reboots, and installs the new client, and reboot. At this point, I have no connectivity. Uninstalling or reverting to the original version does not resolve the issue.

I believe it to be with the DNE. What is the process to recover from this condition.

Thanks,

Dan Laden

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

I don't think that there are any known issued related to the process of upgrading the VPN client, similar to the one you described. The issue probably is not with the VPN client. If you have used the upgared procedure as described at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800ecb3e.html#xtocid24, your existing connection entries should have been retained.

Not applicable

We are doing a rollout of iPass with the EZVPN clilent 3.62. On multiple 2000/XP machines the client will corrupt the DNE and trash a registry entry so you cannot delete the local_machine\software\deterministicNetwork\DNE\Parameter key.

on XP, the machine had no rollbacks over a week. I was able to install IP6 and cleared the corruption but this is a once only fix. It is deffinitely the DNE subsystem that appears to be a problem. It still did not fix the problem.

VPN Subsystem not available, ect. one tail tell sign. Specifically on XP, if you get NO unsigned driver warnings, your system is corrupt and so is that key in the registry.

Any answers ANYONE?