Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN with PIX 501

smahmud
Level 1
Level 1

Help!!

I am trying to configure VPN on my PIX 501. I have no experience of the PIX and have no idea where to start!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bennie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

access-list permit gre any any

where is the name of the access-list that you have applied inbound to your outside interface. You may have to also permit gre outbound, if you have an access-list configured inbound on your inside interface.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

engel
Level 2
Level 2

This is the best way to start configuring VPN on the PIX501

Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide, Version 6.2

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_62/config/index.htm

Hope that helps,

Engel

The goalposts have moved slightly. The scenarion is this:

I have a Windows 2000 server that is running as a VPN Server. I have translated the public IP address to this PC via the PIX(I have tested this and I know it is working)

I know need to enable VPN traffic to pass through the PIX when it maps to one specific IP address. i cant find the port numbers that VPN uses

Any ideas??

Thanks

What protocol are you using? PPTP uses 1723 and the GRE Protocol.

I believe I am using PPTP. I have allowed tcp port 1723 inbound & outbound. (this is all of the security changes I have made!!)

Is there anything else I should do? The hitcnt on the accesslist does increase each time I try and access the VPN Server, but the client throws up an error "721 - the remote computer did not respond"

Any thoughts?

Thanks

you may have to allow the GRE protocol through also. The following line should allow it.

Access-list # permint gre any any

Pardon my ignorance! The command you have quoted does not appear to work :( . Is there a particular syntax I should use?

Thanks again for your help on this

access-list permit gre any any

where is the name of the access-list that you have applied inbound to your outside interface. You may have to also permit gre outbound, if you have an access-list configured inbound on your inside interface.

This has worked!! Thanks for your help