cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN3000 Hangs

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3000 VPN box with 3 SEP200 U cards. Running latest software.

When I Telnet into console, the system goes to 100% utilization as indicated by blue front panel lights, and freezes. Have to power cycle to re-set box. Anyone else experience this or know of problem??

5 Replies 5

mike.rockwood
Level 1
Level 1

We were experiencing the same bahavior with our Cisco/Altiga concentrator.

I say "were", because we were provided a debug version of the software, and have not seen the "hang" behavior since making the software active in the concentrator.

We were given V3.5.2.int_2. This was provided to allow for further problem determination when the concentrator hangs, but it seems to run ok with this version.

Never mind. Our 3030 hung up on us last night. I'll update once I get something useful from Tech Support.

It appears the issue has been resolved. We are now running V3.6 without issue.

Mike,

If you don`t mind , would you share what caused the freeze problem and what version did you use ? Does Cisco have a bug ID on your case ?

Regards,

Engel

I believe the bugs were identified as:

CSCdx44155 and CSCdv42665

We were seeing this "hang" with any version prior to 3.5.4. In our case, there was no issue with Telnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: