Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN3000 Redistribution

Hi,

I have the following configuration. VPN3000 box, public interface runs OSPF, private interface runs RIP. I was looking for a way to control redistribution between OSPF and RIP.

I particular I would like to know if it possible to disable redistribution, but still run OSPF and RIP. I need RIP on private interface for RRI.

I have looked through documentation and I could not find any info. So if somebody solved this issue in the past, I would greatly appreciate if you could share your solution.

Thank you

Serguei

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN3000 Redistribution

If you go under Config - System - IP Routing - OSPF and uncheck the Autonomous System checkbox this is supposed to stop the redistribution of routes.

Specifically the Help screen on this page says:

------------------------------------------------

An OSPF Autonomous System (AS), or domain, is a complete internal network. An AS boundary router exchanges routing information with routers belonging to other Autonomous Systems, and advertises external AS routing information throughout its AS. If you are using reverse route injection (RRI) with OSPF, you must enable Autonomous System.

Check the Autonomous System check box to indicate that the VPN Concentrator OSPF router is the boundary router for an Autonomous System. If you check this box, the VPN Concentrator also redistributes RIP and static routes into the OSPF areas. By default, the box is unchecked.

------------------------------------------------

Note that by default this is unchecked so redistribution should be off by default.

Re: VPN3000 Redistribution

Hi,

The problem is with automatic redistributing OSPF to RIP and not RIP to OSPF and I have this options disabled. I would like to advertise RRI to internal portion which is RIP. It would ebe nice to have a "similar" check box for RIP too.

Thank you

Serguei

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content