Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN3000`s VRRP

e.l
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Does VPN3000 support VRRP Active-Active ?

I am aware that the default is VRRP Active-Standby.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is proprietary. Only cisco vpn clients are load balanced, although all members of the load balancing clusters accept other connection on their own(not load balanced).

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

raymong
Level 4
Level 4

I'm assuming that you are wanting to set up VRRP and load balancing (having 2 active VPN concentrators at the same time)? If this is correct, the answer is no. In a VRRP configuration, the backup device must remain idle until the active VPN concentrator fails.

Hi Raymond,

Yes, I mean VRRP and load-balancing (or load-sharing). I want to have both of devices active at the same time, kinda like Cisco router`s MHSRP (Multiple Hot Standby Routing Protocol). I think it is a waste if the standby VPN3000 only stays idle.

I am aware that there is "load-balance" setting for VPN3000. Would like to ask also if someone know if this "load-balance" of VPN3000 using propietary protocol or it uses standard IETF protocol .

Appreciate for any reply.

Best Regards,

Engel

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is proprietary. Only cisco vpn clients are load balanced, although all members of the load balancing clusters accept other connection on their own(not load balanced).

Regards,