Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN3015 + Cisco VPN Client 3.1 -- IPSEC connection issues.

I have set up a VPN3015 and am using Client 3.1 on a WIN2000 Laptop. Dial into my ISP and connect via the client. I get a "Remote peer is no longer responding" message on the client. the 3015 log show the message "Filter missing on the interface 1, IKE data from peer x.x.x.x dropped".

I have the filter set to "-None-" in the "general" tab of the group setup. I have created an IKE and an SA and made sure they are using shared keys. I have verified that the group name and password on the client matches the 3015.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Marv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VPN3015 + Cisco VPN Client 3.1 -- IPSEC connection issues.

Marv

You MUST have a filter defined on the interface that you are connected through otherwise you get the above message.

The filter is selected using one of the drag downs in the Interface configuration. The filters themselves are created (from memory) somewhere from within Policy management -> Traffic Management.

Start off using the private network filter which allows everything and then start to restrict once you have everything working.

Hope this helps. Regards, Barry

Barry Hesk

Networking Manager

Notability Solutions

2 REPLIES

Marv

You MUST have a filter defined on the interface that you are connected through otherwise you get the above message.

The filter is selected using one of the drag downs in the Interface configuration. The filters themselves are created (from memory) somewhere from within Policy management -> Traffic Management.

Start off using the private network filter which allows everything and then start to restrict once you have everything working.

Hope this helps. Regards, Barry

Barry Hesk

Networking Manager

Notability Solutions

OK. Missed the filter on the Interface drop downs. Now, I am getting the message "Duplicate first packet detected" on the VPN Logs. The client is still getting the message "Remote peer is no longer responding.

Help again , please?

Marv

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content