cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN3030's External Interface(re-posted from other forum, security/general)

smatsuoka
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for a VPN3030 concentrator to use both Public and External Interfaces to connect different ISPs for each?

My customer is currently using a VPN3030 to connect the Internet via an ISP with it's Public interface for Remote Access and LAN-to-LAN connections.

And they have plan to examin the performance test with another ISP. Now can the unused "External" interface on the VPN3030 be connect to another ISP temporaly?

They'll also use this new connection as both Remote Access and LAN-to-LAN.

2 Replies 2

engel
Level 2
Level 2

I did ask the same question before regarding "External" interface on VPN3030 and above series. Kindly see the archives. The answer is "External" interface is used for another inside LAN network. Didn`t really understand why they named it "External" if it would be used for connecting internal network. If anybody does have different answer, please kindly correct.

Best Regards,

Engelhard M. Labiro

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Could you let me know how can I search your previous Q&A in the archives?

I had done search, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway let me continue this conversation for my customer's plan;

The description in the manual said that the "Public" check box in the Interface Configuration as " You should designate only one VPN Concentrator interface as a public interface".

Q1: Is above explanation saying that the ISP connection is restricted to via only one interface that is conigured as "Public" using this check box, isn't it?

Q2: Besides the "Public" check box , the interface configuration can choose any Filter for it. If I use External interface with "Public" Filer and without "Public" check box, is it possible to connect the other ISP while the original Public interface is using Public Filter in it?

Q3: If the answer for above question is NO, is there any way to connect a VPN3030 to two different ISPs simultaneously?

Regards,

Seigo