Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN3K, how can I get IP from pool instead of DHCP?

in the case enabled the three options(autuentication, DHCP and pool) in the address management assignment menu, how can I get IP address from pool for a specific group instead of DHCP?

3 REPLIES

Re: VPN3K, how can I get IP from pool instead of DHCP?

If you click the group name so it is highlighted and choose Address Pool from the right side you should be able to set a pool specific for that group.

I tried that way but always get the IP address from DHCP. I thought it has priority based on the address assignment. means always DHCP first even configure the pool on the group.

Any configuration location to choose the group pool or it override the system defined?

hi, i'm also trying to get this working, i have 2 groups, one of which i want to use dhcp for and the other to use an internal pool.

i've assigned the pool to the group and enabled the options under address mgt | assignment, but i'm seeing the same problem as john, a client authenticating to the group with the pool assigned always gets an address from dhcp.

The assignment page does say 'Each of the following methods are tried, in order, until an address is found.' .. is there anyway to override this behaviour at the group level ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content