Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN3K needs to be rebooted every 24 hours, why?

I use a VPN 3000 to connect to remotely. I must reboot it every morning, or sometimes during the day to be able to connect to it. I get the message 'Remote peer is not responding'. Someone suggested to make sure check box for 'reset every 24 hours' or something like that is not checked, but I can not find this in my confiuration at all. Does anyone know where this check box is?

Thanks,

Jerry LaBarbera

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VPN3K needs to be rebooted every 24 hours, why?

Hi,

it could be a memory leak issue with the code that you have on the box, please upgrade to latest vpn30xx code.

u can schedule a reboot on the box by going to :

administartion->system reboot.

Thx

Afaq

software verion is 3.6.7 released on dec 18 2002

Is this the latest version?

Can a scheduled reboot be set to occur every day at same time without me having to go schedule it everyday?

Thks

Jerry LaBarbera

Hi Jerry,

Which VPN3000 series do you use ? If you are going to reboot the VPN3000 every 24 hours, this is A BIG issue for all of the VPN3000 consumers. The Concentrator is not suppose to be rebooted every 24 hours just to resolve a VPN Client connection problem.

I am very curious about your issue, please post more information.

Best Regards,

Engel

I use the VPN3000 Concentrator.

I dont' want to have to reboot every 24 hours or less to use vpn connection.

You have ask me to post more information, but I have posted all that I know to post at this point until someone can ask for more specific information. I don't know what else to tell you at this point. You'll have to lead me to the information you want to know by asking specfic questions.

Is there anyway I can talk directly to you by phone. This message system is a slow boat to China. Or perhaps we can post directly email accounts. My email account is 'jlabarbera@calwesternpkg.com'

Thanks,

Jerry LaBarbera

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content