Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPNC3015 Vs. PIX515E

Hello,

For RVPN solution, which is the best? CVPN3015 or PIX515E?

I found PIX515E can terminate up to 2000 IPsec Tunnels where as VPN C3015 only 100 simultanious tunnels.

What are the apparent benifit that customer can get from VPN C3015 against PIX 515E.

More over I found VPNC3015 does not have H/W encryption however it is still expensive than PIX515E.

Thanks.

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: VPNC3015 Vs. PIX515E

Sort of depends on what features you'd like. Both have there benefits and disadvantages. Personally, if I was implementing primarily a client VPN solution, I'd go for the 3015 since it has more features for client-based VPN's, like client firewall checking, max simultaneous logins, login banner, etc. Over time though these features will probably be put into the PIX, but it'll take a while. I find the management and configuration of the 30xx easier than the PIX also. The 3015 is easily upgradable to HW encryption which'll give you more capacity. The 30xx does have a load-balancing feature also which is quite good if you have more than one.

Views
Helpful
Replies