cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPNClient connecting to a local ip address

blitzingdog
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have the asa-5510. outside interface allows vpn connetions fine. other interface is used for wifi subnet that allows wifi users internet connectivity only. I tried to enable ipse on wifi interface, but I get an "error 14) on the vpn client when i try to have it connect to the wifi interface. Workstation ip - 192.168.198.16, wifi interface io - 192.168.198.1. Any way around this?

3 Replies 3

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Furio

Why do you need enabling VPN on a local interface?

Regards

VictorAKur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Error 14 on the VPN client means (according to the VPN client error lookup tool):

Error 14: Unable to update Automatic VPN Initiation Retry Interval setting.

-------------------------------------------

Description or Action:

The VPN Client was unable to save the Automatic VPN Initiation Retry Interval setting of the Automatic VPN Initiation dialog to the file vpnclient.ini. The file attributes may have been changed to read only or there may be a problem with the file system.

Though I don't know if it will be of any help whatsoever :)

I'll check, but that does not sound like the right message.

The reason I'm trying to set this up like this is that I have a wifi network segment at the office, and I thought it would be easiest for the users to use vpn to gain access tot eh network when on this segment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: