Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPNs keep dropping out!

Hi,

I've got a PIX 515E (version 7.0(1) at central site. It's set up for VPN access.

Our remote workers use the Cisco VPN Client software (version 4.6.0.2.0011).

The problem is,while the reomte users are working, they get a window saying

' secure VPN connection terminated by peer. Reason 433...'

This happens at variying intervals. Sometimes users can be on for 45 mins then they get dropped and other times users are dropped after 15 mins!

I'm completely stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any advise.

1 REPLY

Re: VPNs keep dropping out!

We have the exact same problem but instead of the VPN software, we get it with connections to PIX 501's at remote offices.

The way I helped resolve this was by adjusting the keep alive as it keeps the tunnel alive but it's definately an unjustified workaround. There should be a more effective way of resolving this issue, I am sure you are fully aware of the downsides to the keep-alive resolution.

The only problem for us now is that the 515E at our central site now randomly reboots which causes the remote users and offices to disconnect. I haven't bothered posting on here regarding it because you'll never get a response however it is VERY annoying as it happens around 5 times a day (the log doesn't really show anything inparticular that will help).

Another thing I might also suggest is upgrade the PIX to version 7.2(1), this may resolve your issue.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you somehow manage to resolve it properly so that I can look into it. Hopefully it will relate or at least give me a clue to resolving my problem.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies