Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM Backup

cburgarella
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have to backup the vsm system, the problem is that the license is expired. was the 90 days lic. we have full license but we never requested the files for that.

I 'm reinstalling on a new pc,.

Now is it possible to backup the database with all the configurations( filters , signatures......)even with expirated license?

and how?

9 Replies 9

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cristiano,

On the VMS server, goto VPN/Security Management Solution Tab-->Administration ---> Common Services --->Backup Database

If that doesn't work then please follow the instructions on this url to procure a valid license from licensing@cisco.com

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/vpnman/vms_2_1/core/cslicn10.htm

Thanks,

yatin

Hi yatin,

Now the VMS has the correct license,but the backup doesn't seem to work.

The backup operation last 1 hour making a file > 1GB at maximum and when finished is only 1,66 MB in krs directory,

and under ids-mc there is nothing.

Restoring from this backup does not import anything!!!

On the new system i dont have any sensors configured neither their configurations.

How can i transfer all the configurations from old system to the newer?

On the new system i have to configure something previously?

Thanks for your answer

I am having issues with backups as well. The applet never loads and I recieve the following error:

class com.cisco.core.maas.client.Backup not found

Any ideas?

Hi Shawn,

Are you doing the backup from VPN/Security Management Solution Tab-->Administration ---> Common Services --->Backup Database ?

Try restarting the daemons. At the DOS prompt enter

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

and try the backup again.

thanks,

yatin

All right, after doing that, i get the following message:

Error: The requested URL /CSCOnm/servlet/com.cisco.core.mice.util.cmf.CMFLiaisonServlet cannot be reached because client denied by server configuration: c:/program files/cscopx/htdocs/csconm

Description: 403 Forbidden is the HTTP status code returned by the Apache web server when either the user or the server itself has insufficient access rights to the URL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not allowed access to this URL due to insufficient access rights. This may be due to an incorrect installation of the product. Please refer to your product's installation guide.

Hi shawn,

i had the same problem, it solves temporarily when i open security monitor before the common services, the "403" means the server is busy, wait and retry.

Ok, starting the security monitor first appears to have fixed this. Thanks.

Shawn

Hi Cristiano,

There is probably something else that is going on this server. Try to run the backup again by login onto the VMS server directly, not through a browser or any remote control software nor over a WAN connection.

The backup should go through.

Thanks,

yatin

Hi Yatin,

I've tried to rerun backup but the result is always the same as above.

The sensors configuration was restored reconfiguring them on the new pc, but there is no way to export all other configuration like event rules etc etc.

Can you say to me why reconfiguring sensors on a new manager the filters are "exploited" in a lot of records and lost their names having a number instead?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: