Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

W2K Client - VPN 3005 (v.3.0.2) - Traffic slowdowns/hangs

We are running a VPN 3005 with software v3.0.2 - users connect using the W2K client (the W2K server is acting as RADIUS) and traffic flows normally for several minutes, but eventually traffic slows down and applications begin timing out. I haven't seen any problems in the VPN log.

Any ideas on how to solve or where to start looking?

My first inclination is to upgrade the software on the 3005 since it is old. If I end up doing so - is there a currently preferred release?

Any ideas are welcome - I want this baby to work well since I may have to be working from home quite a bit this year!

thanx,

William

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: W2K Client - VPN 3005 (v.3.0.2) - Traffic slowdowns/hangs

Hi Peters,

The v3.0.2 is not recommended due to some MTU issues in that built. Thats why its not available at the Cisco website. Kindly upgrade to the latest client versions v3.6.x or v3.7.x and let me know if you still see the issue.

Regards,

Aamir

-=-=-

Aamir,

thanks for your response. I am not using the Cisco client but the Win2K/XP client. Which VPN O/S version would be recommended for the unit ? ( it is a 3005 w/ 32M RAM)

thanx,

William

I have noticed a similar problem connecting to our PIX. I have version 3.5.2 on the client and 6.2 (2) on the pix.

I found that doing a ping to the destination can give this a "kick start" when this hags.

Would an upgrade on the client and (or) PIX solve this problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies