cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to know what security management platform best cover my needs.

sguerrero
Level 1
Level 1

I will have IDS equipments (14, 4210 and 4235 models) and pix firewalls (15 in my network. Want to know which one is the better choice: CW VMS for Solaris or for Windows 2000 server. I´ve heard there is no software development to manage IDS with UNIX platforms, but want to be sure. Actually, this is the reason for my question.

I will also use Cisco Secure ACS, and Cisco Works LAN MAnager. No VPNs will be managed.

I´d like to use the same platform (Unix or Windows) for all my software.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Best solution for you will be to use VMS bundle (on Win2k) including the IDS MC and PIX MC to manage your pix and IDS boxes.

Thanks

Sujit

Just to verify and have the corect answer for my customer: If I choose the Sun Solaris platform is it possible to have problems with upgrades in the future?

Thanks for your help.

Socorro

I recommend Windows because it seems Cisco has more focus in producing applications on Windows. The applications available for other OSs such as Solaris have been disappearing. If want to maintain a single OS for all applications, Windows is definitely the right choice.

Thanks, this is a good point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: