Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Watchguard SOHO 6 to Cisco VPN 3005 Concentrator

I am trying to create a VPN tunnel from a Watchguard 6 SOHO to a Cisco 3005 Concentrator. I can get the tunnel to come up and I am able to pass traffic across the tunnel. However, 1:30 after the tunnel comes up it stopps passing traffic. The tunnel does not drop and both vpn devices show that the tunnel is up. I have been able to repeat this everytime. I have never been able to pass traffic across the tunnel for more than 1:30.

I would appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Jim Brennan

Ca. Dept of Parks and Recreation

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Watchguard SOHO 6 to Cisco VPN 3005 Concentrator

You should see bugs CSCdv39471 and CSCdv02678. Your problem could also have to do with the behaviour described by the bug CSCeb07283.

Re: Watchguard SOHO 6 to Cisco VPN 3005 Concentrator

For some reason, I always have a horrible time getting Watchguard SOHO VPN's to work correctly. Any of the v-series appears to be ok. This may sound odd, but, check the power circuit on the Watchguard. I find the SOHO's to be very picky if they don't get the EXACT power draw they need. I had one watchguard I couldn't get to work out of our office, but, as soon as I took it home, the tunnel stayed up and passed traffic correctly. Shipped the SOHO to the client, and it died. He plugged it into a different circuit and it worked great. Two months later I had the exact same issue with a Watchguard. Unfortunatly, Watchguard support wasn't very helpful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content