Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCCP works locally, not remotely?

I've got some WCCP issues that don't seem to make sense. I've got a 7609 with a FWSM in it, and WCCPv2 enabled. I've also got a Content Engine directly connected, and it has the 7609 in router-list 1. I have the Content Engine set up to use an external Websense server, with client IP spoofing enabled. If I put "ip wccp web-cache redirect in" and "ip wccp 95 redirect out" on the outside Vlan interface from the FWSM, everything works just as I would expect... traffic gets filtered based on the IP address of the Vlan interface. If I add another router's IP to router-list 1, however, web traffic seems to die. A "show ip wccp" shows that it's connected to the content engine, but I never get a response for any standard http requests.

Routers 1 and 2 are configured like this:

ip wccp version 2

ip wccp web-cache

ip wccp 95

interface VlanX

ip wccp web-cache redirect in

ip wccp 95 redirect out

The content engine is configured like this:

wccp router-list 1 ro.ut.er.1 ro.ut.er.2

wccp port-list 1 80

wccp web-cache router-list-num 1

wccp service-number 95 router-list-num 1 port-list-num 1 application cache hash-source-ip match-source-port

wccp version 2

wccp spoof-client-ip enable

I'm not using the L2-redirect option, so I'm not entirely sure why it's not working. In the above scenario, traffic from the Vlan on router 1 works, and doesn't work on router 2. The only difference I can see is that the content engine is connected to a GigE port on Router 1. Any thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies