Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Web Sense Integration question

Just a quick question for anyone using web sense web filter integrated with an IOS Routers w/ the sec-k9 features.  We currently are using our web sense box as a stand alone and have a hub and spoke WAN.  But, we are migrating to an MPLS/Mesh topology and considering switching over to integrating web sense with the routers, so we don't have to purchase a web sense box for some of our smaller sites with 5 users.

My question is, does the integrated products policy's work the same way as the stand alone product.  i.e. we have 60 minute internet usage policy's setup for most users and that's the primary concern.  Will these still work using the different configuration?  We don't have or plan on installing any clients on to users machines.

Thanks in advance!

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Web Sense Integration question

Yes, it works the same.

I believe you will have to reinstall Websense over the top as an 'integrated' install instead of a standalone.

Views
Helpful
Replies