cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

web server

ishwar
Level 1
Level 1

My web server resides in inside network i.e private IP (192.168.10.15)

Using static and access-list it is working fine from outside.But I can not browse from inside network.

NOTE: DNS for my inside network reside in outside.

Should I add any command to browse the WEB page which resides in same network.??

Ishwar

2 Replies 2

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ishwar,

Firstly, can you open DOS promtp (from inside PC) and do: nslookup www.cisco.com - do you get response back from your outside DNS server?

Also, if you point one of the inside PC's default-gateway to the pix inside ip address, can you browse. And can you post your pix config (change inside ip's and passwords) or post to me direct - noc1@vodafone.net

Thanks -

Hi Ishwar

I think you may require the 'alias' command

"In the next example, a web server is on the inside at 10.1.1.11 and a static command statement was created for it at 209.165.201.11. The source host is on the outside with address 209.165.201.7. A DNS server on the outside has a record for www.example.com as follows:

www.example.com. INA 209.165.201.11

The period at the end of the www.example.com. domain name must be included.

The alias command follows:

alias 10.1.1.11 209.165.201.11 255.255.255.255

PIX Firewall doctors the nameserver replies to 10.1.1.11 for inside clients to directly connect to the web server."

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/ab.htm#1083304

HTH

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: