Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Web VPN on ASA5500 and .NET Compact Framework

I am developing an application using the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework that runs on a Symbol PPT8800 industrial PDA.

I would like the application to be able to connect to an ASA5500 using the webvpn feature so that it can securely access a web service on an internal web server to transfer data. The benefit of using the WebVPN feature is it uses standard SSL and does not require a VPN to be initiated first.

Also Movian no longer sell their VPN software to ‘end users’ for establishing an IPSEC VPN from a pocketpc to a cisco firewall.

Using the WebVPN using a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox is straight forward.

I am after the sequence of requests that my application would need to make to the ASA5500 to allow the application to authenticate and gain access to the webservice.

I understand the first request would be; for a firewall with ip address 10.20.0.254:

https://10.20.0.254/index.html

This is the standard login page.

This page has a ‘form’ that uses the POST method for sending the username and password back to the ASA5500.

However when I have tried to POST the username and password using the form input elements (username,password,Login,next) it just returns the previous login page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Web VPN on ASA5500 and .NET Compact Framework

WebVPN uses Secure Sockets Layer Protocol and its successor, Transport Layer Security to provide a secure connection between remote users and specific, supported internal resources that you configure at a central site. The security appliance recognizes connections that need to be proxied, and the HTTP server interacts with the authentication subsystem to authenticate users.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_70/config/webvpn.htm

Re: Web VPN on ASA5500 and .NET Compact Framework

Thanks for the reply Pengke11

I think I have worked out how to do it (On the full .NET Framework, just need to try the .NET Compact Fraemwork).

It revolves around passing back a session cookie that the ASA5510 generates when you login, with each subsequent request.

Regards

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies