Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebVPN and OWA

Hello,

Has anyone got Exchange Outlook Web Access 2003 and Forms Based Authentication working with Web VPN. I know the premium client (webdav) is not support via WebVPN, but the basic client works OK.

When Forms Based Authentication is enabled I get the error."440 Login Timeout" after entering my username and password etc.

Internally it all works perfectly.

Any ideas? Does it work for you?

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: WebVPN and OWA

You are missing something in u r configuration of PIX or in the server. You refer the below document for troubleshooting

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/ipsec_debug.html

mhs

I have the exact same problem. Have you received a solution for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Silver

Here is some info from the vpn3000 4.1.4 release notes:

New Features in Release 4.1.4

This section describes the new features in Release 4.1.4 of the VPN 3000 Series Concentrator.

Outlook/Exchange Proxy Support (MAPI)

Release 4.1.4 supports the Outlook/Exchange (MAPI) Proxy for Microsoft Exchange e-mail, with specific versions of Outlook and Exchange. The following are supported:

•Exchange 2000

•Exchange 2003

•Outlook 2000

•Outlook XP

The following are not supported:

•Outlook 2003 is not supported with any version of Exchange Server

•Exchange 5.5

To enable Outlook/Exchange Proxy, navigate to Configuration | User Management | Base Group or Groups, click the WebVPN tab, and check the box marked Enable Outlook/Exchange Proxy.

Looks like owa 2003 is not supported.

All I can tell you is that we have multiple customers and partners and as soon as they migrated to OWA 2003 their reverse proxy configuration will not work anymore. It's very tricky if not impossible with OWA 2003 (see MS newsgroups) and the only gurantee for a proper functioning reverse proxy config with OWA 2003 is the ISA server from MS (no wonder).

WebVPN for OWA in my understanding is similar to a reverse proxy config, so it's probably impossible to get it working if Cisco doesn't have special OWA 2003 support build into their software.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content