Views
Helpful
Replies

Webvpn authorization + authentication

netadminquid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to know if is possible to use authorization and authentication together for web vpn on a 3005 vpn concentrator, so the user once authorised with certificate doesn’t log in, but still have to authenticate him self with username and password.

I got the user authentication form after certificate authorization once, but i don’t what i did.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

Web VPN uses global authentication and authorization settings, not the settings configured for the group. The first active server, independent of type, is used for authentication and authorization of WebVPN sessions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00803ee122.html#wp1008861

giaaaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Iam using WEB VPN with port Forwarding to let supports for our clients to access servers with rdp. We have found that it is possible for a user that have an account to use Web VPN to make a manipulate the traffic from the concentrator to access a server that is not configured for him. Is there any way to use an authorization method so that the user can access only the servers or services that are allowed for him to access.

Thnks

Ali

giaaaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Iam using WEB VPN with port Forwarding to let supports for our clients to access servers with rdp. We have found that it is possible for a user that have an account to use Web VPN to make a manipulate the traffic from the concentrator to access a server that is not configured for him. Is there any way to use an authorization method so that the user can access only the servers or services that are allowed for him to access.

Thnks

Ali