cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webvpn certificate authentication 3005 concentrator.

netadminquid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm using the ipsec vpn client with certificates for group authentication + radius with expiry, and everything works fine.

I want to use certificate authentication for webvpn as well, but i'm not able to get it to work, the certificate CN is test-user and is placed in the microsoft store so i can use it for both ipsec vpn and webvpn.

When i login to the webvpn i get the certificate request, i can see my certificate but when i press ok i get the following error "Unable to authorize certificate".

As a radius server i use microsoft ias and win2003, this are the steps that i've done for authorization;

- I created a windows group "test-webvpn" and a user "test-user".

- I moved the test-user into test-webvpn group.

- Added a vendor-specific class attribute 25 with format "OU=test-webvpn;".

If i test the authorization from Configuration | System | Servers | Authorization | Test with user "test-user" i get "Authorization Rejected: Unspecified" while authentication succeed, so i'm sure that i'm doing something wrong on the radius server.

I've being browsing the cisco web site for the past 3 days but i couldn't find any example for webvpn certificate-based authentication.

Can someone tell me what are the necessary steps for ias authorization or point me to docs or examples.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

Unchecked the option "Client Authentication" located under:

Configuration | Tunneling and Security | SSL | HTTPS

snowmizer
Level 1
Level 1

I am also trying to do this and would be very interested in the resolution to this problem.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: