Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WebVPN General Comments

Comments on WebVPN testing thus far:

1) File access is extremely fast...

2) General web browsing is somewhat fast, but not as impressive as file access...

3) M$ TermServ works, although it seems to flake in and out...

4) Kind of annoying that I can only use one resource at a time (example: I cannot have web-mail open and use a web based application simultaneously) If someone knows of a way around this, please post...

5) Java 1.1.4_03 is installed when launching the application access so I am thinking this is going to cause problems for some applications that use lower JRE versions??

6) Java applications in general are just a pain... ugh... you have to love Java...

7) Access to Cisco ACS is not working... anyone heard of when this may possibly be resolved? Surely since this is a Cisco product, it will be resolved soon...

8) I seem to be getting runtime errors when trying to access my VMS server from the VPN portal... Has anyone had any luck with making VMS work? any ideas? same holds true for this one since it is also a cisco product...

9) Big hangup... If a runtime error occurs or for any reason, the portal is closed unexpectedly or closed down incorrectly (IE: the application access is not shutdown properly) then the next time the application access is launched, a Java message pops up stating that the backup copy of the HOSTS file was found and wants to either delete the file, restore the file or do nothing. Since there are numerous issues right now with java related sites/apps, I can see that end users are going to freak out and be angry about this message. Is there a way around this message? Is there a way to force the hosts file to be deleted so that the end user does not have to see this message?

In general, it is pretty impressive... but... I do not believe it is ready for primetime usage by the masses...

Thomas

2 REPLIES

Re: WebVPN General Comments

7) Thing is because of java 1.1.4_03

Cisco Employee

Re: WebVPN General Comments

Thanks Thomas for the comments. I've passed them onto the WebVPN developers.

For 4), you can actually have more than one app open in 4.1 code by right-clicking on a link on the WebVPN Home page, and choosing to open the page in a new window.

Note: these windows will not have the WebVPN toolbar.

The URL in the address bar distinguishes it as a WebVPN page. Also right-clicking on this window, and View Page Info/Properties will display the URL as a mangled URL (eg: https://3K-IP/http(s)/0/www.site.com).

7) and 8) are known issues and due to Java, we're working on a fix and hope to have it out soon.

9) is being looked into by the developers based on your comments and they'll investigate a better way to automate this. There's currently no way to get around this message though.

Hope that helps, and thanks again for your comments.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content