cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN Port Forwarding and SQL

gregsreed
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client side application that talks to a SQL Server. Does any one know of a way to use port forwarding on a cisco 3015 Concentrator using the WebVPN Client. The SQL application uses random ports to open a connection to the SQL server. I can fix the port number used by the SQL Server but it looks like i am unable to fix the port number of the client Side.

thanks

Greg

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

To configure the client application, use the server's locally mapped IP address and port number. To find this information:

1. Start WebVPN on the remote system and click the Application Access link on the WebVPN Home page. The Application Access window appears.

2. In the Name column, find the name of the server you want to use, then identify its corresponding client IP address and port number (in the Local column).

3. Use this IP address and port number to configure the client application. Configuration steps vary for each client application.

Thank you for the repsonse i know how to set up application access and webvpn. this was a specific question to SQL which uses random port numbers on the client side. I have got round the problem by using Cisco secure client.

thanks