Cisco Support Community
Community Member

WebVPN port forwarding issues

I have recently updgarded to V4.1 on my 3005 Concentrator.

I have setup a local user/group for authentication and successfully opened a WebVPN connection through my browser.

Access to internal web servers and file browsing is fine.

However I have tried to setup port forwarding to allow me to Terminal Serve to a internal server.

The java apps loads and I see entries for the TS with port 3389 on both local and remote.

I can't see how to launch the TS connection??

I have found documention on saying that the client needs to be locally installed. To which I am supprised. I have used F5's Uroam and the client downloads inside the browser and it works well. However it appears with cisco's webvpn you need the client installed locally??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: WebVPN port forwarding issues

Hello James,

once you see the java applet with your terminal server listed launch your regular terminal server client from your PC. PLease note that if you set up more than one terminal server they need to be on different ports to allow connectivity to each server.

Please remember to rate all posts.

Community Member

Thanks for reply.

I tried that and nothing happened!

Does the java app detect that the client has been launched and automatically connect to what ever server is configured?

Or do you enter a name or address in the usual mannor then click connect?

you have to enter the information just as before. Depending on your network setup it may be accsible through name only, FQDN or IP address. I would do the IP address first to verify connectivity.

CreatePlease to create content