Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

what is the ip protocol no used in the failover messages

hi i have doubt regarding the ip protocol no used in the failover messages sent between the firewalls through the failover cable. in some documentation it's mentioned 105 and in some 8 or 9. can someone just pls confirm abt the protocol no used .

sebastan

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: what is the ip protocol no used in the failover messages

In order to support the stateful failover, a dedicated LAN interface between the two PIX devices is required. The Logical Update (LU) is the software module that provides transport to PIX applications that support stateful failover. The state update occurs from the active to standby through the LAN interface. The state update sent to the standby PIX is triggered by the application. The LU transport is UDP-like, with no retransmission and no blocking applications to delay normal packet processing. The state update packets are transmitted asynchronously in the background. Nevertheless, the LU protocol is real-time, and it provides error notification and reports missing state updates for monitoring purposes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094ea7.shtml

Re: what is the ip protocol no used in the failover messages

hi there here i m asking abt the protocol no that is used in the failover messages. cause in some documentation they have mentioned that it uses 105 and in some they use 8 or 9 . i am not sure abt that. can u tell me on that . thank u

sebastan

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.