Views
Helpful
Replies

When connection to VPN I cannot access shared files

Roshan8484
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just setup my vpn (on my 1812 router) so that I may access my home network files while on the road. When I attempted to test it I was unable to access any of my files that are shared. While connected regularly to my home network I am able to access the shared files, but via the VPN i am not able too

My home network Ip structure is as is:

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

my VPN assigns the Ip address from the pool below:

192.168.1.100- 192.168.1.200

Any Suggestions why I cannot access the files is it a setting on the router?

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Are you encrypting all traffic for the 192.168.1.0/24 or performing split tunneling?

Where are you accessing your remote network from when you are on the "road"?? Internet Cafe, Hotel Internet access etc?

I am trying to access my remote network from a hotel room, road, etc.. any internet access other than my home. I believe I am encrypting all traffic

Can you post your configuration - sanitized of course.

I just logged on to my vpn successfully and attempted to ping my server it Timed Out. Any suggestions

sunyu
Level 1
Level 1

the vpn pool is the same with you home network.

u can try to config the conmmand "arp-proxy enable " in the ethernet port of the router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: