cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

where to download the cisco security agent

sebastan_bach
Level 4
Level 4

hi could someone pls helpe me in telling where to download the cisco security agent from the cisoc website. in the ips download section when i try to cisco security agent i get the download for the cisco management center which is for managing these agents.

regards

sebastan

6 Replies 6

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

You don't download it from CCO, you download it from the CSA MC.

First you create an Agent Kit (under Systems menu), each one has its own URL.

View the default agent Kits to see what I mean.

The Cisco book on CSA is quite good.

hi grant i have the cisco csa book.as u said when i download the csa mc i will get the cisco security agent also. there is no way i can download the csa alone and install it on a server.is it necessary to have the csa mc. cause i have a single server and wanna test it with csa. can u tell me in more detail pls. cause in cisco site they have mentioned to download the csa i have to download the csa hotfxes that is their exe. can u pls help. waiting for ur reply.thanks a lot.

see ya

regards

sebastan

I think CSA MC is the only way. I've never seen CSA Agent on Cisco web site. You need the MC to define a policy, there is no other way (that I know of) of configuring the Agent.

hi grant i got ur point that to configure the agent we need to buy the cisco management center. say i got the management center for the csa then from there how do i install it on a host or server. can u pls help i have not found any documentation it. thank u . see ya and waiting for ur reply.

regards

sebastan

I agree there is not much documentation on CSA. The Cisco book is quite good.

Basically you create rules.

Then you add rules to Modules.

Then you add Modules to Policies.

You map Policies to Groups.

Then you create an Agent kit for the group.

You install the Agent it on a host by downloading from the CSA MC.

thanks grant. see u around

regards

sebastan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: