Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to put a Cisco 3060 VPN with a Cisco PIX in use

We have an outside network connected to a pix box with an inside network.

We are also doing NAT between the inside and outside with private addresses on the inside.

We are purchasing a Cisco 3060 VPN Concentrator.

We want to use the VPN with our new wireless network on the inside (the wireless user will have to use vpn to get to the rest of the inside network). and also for outside remote users to use VPN to get to the inside.

What is the best way to connect this. Should we have the VPN on the inside of the network or should it be off of a seperate interface of the PIX box?

Are their any good sources that might explain better how this would work? I have the manuals for the PIX and the VPN concentrators already and they don't ever address this.

thanks,

michael

1 REPLY

Re: Where to put a Cisco 3060 VPN with a Cisco PIX in use

Hi Michael,

I think you can put the concentrator outside interface on PIX DMZ interface, inside interface connect to your inside network.

Wirelesse users will be sitting in the same subnet as the concentrator outside interface in the PIX DMZ. When they connected, they will be assinged to another ip pool address anyway.

For the internet VPN client user, PIX will translate the concentrator outside interface ip address to a static public ip address. So outside user can also connect to your inside network.

PIX can setup all the security policy and syslog server to control the traffic.

That is just my suggestion. Please contact your local Cisco System Engineer to get more ideas for design issue.

Best Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content