cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whether Pix support routemap

byju70
Level 1
Level 1

Whether Pix support routemaps. How do I deny any PC/Port from access Pix. I have a situation in which one of my PC send continous ICMP packet to internet. I think it's virus I used to block this using Routemap in my router. Now how can I do this in my Pix 501 firewall. I tried denying ICMP packet at inside interface, but this icmp packet is coming across Pix as I can see it thro debug icmp command and hogging my Pix.

How to resolve the issue.

Thankx

4 Replies 4

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Fix the pc. You know what pc it is. Go fix it.

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have to agree with Matt on this one. Fix the pc first.

Regards,

Tom

It's my dial in clients. I asked them have anti-virus and latest patch. But still exist. What's the way to fix it

Hi,

to deny the icmp packets you should create an access-list using the 'access-list' command and apply that access-list to the interface where the packets are arriving at the pix. This 'applying' is done by using the 'access-group' command.

Here is an example that denies icmp echo request from inside to outside and allows all the other outbound traffic.

'access-list outgoing-traffic deny icmp host any echo'

'access-list outgoing-traffic permit ip any any'

'access-group outgoing-traffic in interface inside'

Kind Regards,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card