cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which ADSL Hardware for VPN to a SBS2003

m.scott
Level 1
Level 1

Trying figure out which product to use and am looking at both the 857 and 877 but unsure if they will do the job or not.

I want users to be able to connect to a SBS2003, with routing and remote access enabled, on a private subnet 192.168.x.x through a DSL connection with static IP's using just the standard XP vpn connector and thier active directory credentials.

I want to open just the ports needed for the VPN connection, SMTP, and OWA.

Unfortunately the router/modem provided by the phone company only seems to want to handle the SMTP and OWA (am guessing it cannot pass the GRE protocols) without DMZ'ing to the server which I do not want to do.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Any of the 857 or 877 will be able to pass GRE protocols and you can alos selectively open the required for SMTP and OWA. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ps6195/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028a9a9_ps380_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: