cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which are the ports that the ACS v3.0 on Windows2000/NT Server opens?

abayo
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyboby know which are the ports that the ACS v3.0 on Windows2000/NT Server opens? This is because I have to open an access on a Firewall for people connecting to the ACS to manage it by browser.

3 Replies 3

halleuxm
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

As you can see when connecting to the ACS console the used port is assigned dynamically. In fact, you launch your connection using a specific port, but this one is chnaged dynamically. I don't now if there is a way to put it to a fixed value...

Regards,

Marc Halleux.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Initial port to login to ACS NT is 2002 but after that ACS generates random ports. Now you can configure the ACS to generate those port numbers from a pool of a port or a single port all the time for administrator..Based on that you can open those ports on PIX.

That config is under "Administraction Control" tab click on "access policy" and go down and look for "Restrict Adminsitation Sessions to the following port range From Port"..By default the port range is from 1024 to 65535. But you can limit it to one or a range..Hope this helps..Thx..Tejal

Thanks a lot, I found this option in the ACS Server and I 've just configured. So my doubt has been solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: