cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why a public ip(used PAT) can not access to another public ip(used Static)?

kittinlekken
Level 1
Level 1

I used PAT for a single public ip address(xx.xx.xx.xx that shown below) to access internet.I wanna know why i can not access to another public ip address(yy.yy.yy.yy that shown below) that used static map in same PIX but other public address(except xx.xx.xx.xx)can access to this ip(yy.yy.yy.yy).

This is pix's configuation.

global (outside) 1 xx.xx.xx.xx

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

static (inside,outside) yy.yy.yy.yy pp.pp.pp.pp netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

* where xx.xx.xx.xx is a public ip

yy.yy.yy.yy is another public ip

pp.pp.pp.pp is a private ip

Thank you

Kittin

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

static (inside,outside) yy.yy.yy.yy pp.pp.pp.pp netmask 255.255.255.255

as the static statement suggests, the translation from pp.pp.pp.pp (inside) to yy.yy.yy.yy (outside) will only be performed by the pix when the traffic is originated from the outside, not from the inside.

one way might resolve this issue is by issuing the command called "alias".

e.g.

alias (inside) pp.pp.pp.pp yy.yy.yy.yy 255.255.255.255

Than you,very much.Now i can access.

it's good to learn that your issue has been resolved. please feel free to discuss any other issue you've got.

according to cisco:

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: