cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why pix525 auto-reload?

sand.yang
Level 1
Level 1

hi,i have a pix525 as nat device for local network to internet. Recently it would

auto reload without any information. sometimes it did once a day,sometimes it would did once after more than 5 days.i set a syslog server,level is 5,because information was too big to open it. i only set lelvel as 3, i can't find any information about reload, only a lot of message %pix-3-106011.

The pix' version is 6.0(1).i guss that bug cause it or someone attack it.

do you know what cause reload?can you help me?

thanks!

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's impossible to say without any sort of traceback output. Next time you could plug a console into the console port and then when it reloads you should get a traceback message, we cna then use this to see what was going on.

In the interim, you might want to upgrade to 6.2(2) which is probably more stable than 6.0(1).

pgolding
Level 1
Level 1

this may be because of the license. a pix with a failover-only license will reload every 24 hours if a fully licensed partner can not be found. it could also indicate buffer exhaustion (look at "show block") or a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: