Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WIN 2000 Using IPsec to talk to Router

I have many clients who want to connect to the central office via Internet. They are using windows 2K platform. I am planning to use Pre-share key. I have several questions:

1.How to config Windows 2K and Cisco Router using IPSec. I can establish VPN tunnel between Windows98+VPN client and Cisco Router. But I cannot establish VPN tunnel using native Windows 2k IPSec feature.

2.If it can work, can I use the extended authentication?

3.Can I use AAA to implement authorizing and accounting? If it could, pls give me a sample and av-pairs.

Thank you

2 REPLIES

Re: WIN 2000 Using IPsec to talk to Router

I know a few other members have asked the first part of your question before. Try searching for Win2k in this forum and you should get some detailed information. I think it said you have to configure a certificate authority for Win2k connections. I do know Cisco's universal client, which is being developed should fix this. Sorry, I can't help you out with the second part of your question.

Re: WIN 2000 Using IPsec to talk to Router

If you have a CCO login I think this document http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/480/l2tprad.html will help answer the AAA questions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content