Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Win CE vpn client and dhcp

Hi all,

I've got several win ce handheld devices that connects to an asa through a 3rd party vpn client, the asa is configured to authenticate the clients against a microsoft isa server and to provide ip address to clients by the way of an external dhcp server (ms domain controller).

All is working fine, except that when the devices goes standby the vpn gets disconnected, then the asa releases the client ip address and chances are high that at the next connection the client gets dfferent ip address, this is an issue for an old application that takes into account the ip address of the client.

I'm not aware of a way to assign the ip address to the clients using a radius attribute within ias, so I wonder if there is a way to force the dhcp to assign always the same ip address in such a situation.

Bye,

Max.

3 Replies 3

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Max

"asa is configured to authenticate the clients against a microsoft isa server "

I dont know how you authenticate to ISA, but if you mean IAS, then yes you can always assign same IP to a user.

You can achieve this by double-clicking desired user to assign static IP to, in Active Directory Users And Computers snap-in, Click Dial-In options, then click assign static IP address and assign desired IP.

Regards

Hi Huseyin,

it was IAS.

I'll give it a try, did you test it in an environment like mine, I mean to assign ip addresses to asa/pix vpn clients?

I ask that because I know that asa/pix radius attributes as often specific.

Tnx,

Max.

Yes i tested it in past, and implemented this in a project taht had 500+ VPN users With ASA5540+IAS, so feel free to ask about either about IAS config or ASA config, in case on failure.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: