Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Win2K IPSec/L2TP client to VPN3030 problems

I have a 3030 concentrator that I am trying to connect to with a Win2K client using IPSec/L2TP. The L2TP piece works independantly, but I am having issues with IPSec. When I sniff the traffic, I see the client send ISAKMP packets to the concentrator, and the concentrator simply replies with ICMP type 11 packets. I have all debugging turned on on the concentrator, but nothing shows up in it's log. I followed the directions for preshared keys from several Cisco docs, but I am making no progress.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a0080094aca.shtml

There is only a private routed network between the client and concentrator, and no filters.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Win2K IPSec/L2TP client to VPN3030 problems

Win2k-IPSec/L2TP client using the VPN Concentrator 3000 series is the recommended solution. I don't think the Win2k client

supports a pre-shared key IPSEC configuration. The client will support IPSEC utilizing digital certs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content